The Intel graphics driver for Windows 10 has been updated to version 18.104.22.16816. Since this is a DCH driver (Declarative Componentized Hardware Supported Apps), it officially supports all versions of Windows 10 1709 and above.
Developers may be interested in the new level zero layer tracing API released with this update.
A highlight of this release is the fix for a crash when launching Outriders, improvements in the loading speed for Death Stranding, and stability improvements for DaVinci Resolve on Intel Iris Xe Max graphics.
Here is a list of fixed issues in this release:
- Fixes a performance issue in 3DMark Mesh Shader
- DaVinci Resolve stability fixes
- The system keeps crashing or freezing on startup in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege* (DX11), Cyberpunk 2077* (DX12) when starting the game.
- An intermittent crash or hang occurs when changing Anti-aliasing settings on Intel Iris Xe graphics card.
- Occasional crashes and hangs in Hunt: Showdown* and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare* (DX12).
- If you switch to a full screen in Dirt Rally using ALT + ENTER, a black screen is observed.
- In some cases, an LCD will show garbage during WMV movie playback with high CPU usage on Intel Iris XE graphics cards.
- The brightness may not update when you adjust it in Battery Mode if you have Intel Iris® Xe graphics.
- Occasionally, you may observe flickering in PC mode only on Iris Xe hardware.
- When a system is connected through a dock with multiple monitors on Intel Iris Xe graphics, the system may not display output.
- An onscreen black screen is observed after unplugging the dock.
Download Intel graphics driver update for March 2021
The update can be downloaded and installed through Intel’s Support Assistant or as a standalone driver.
Use the links below to download the driver:
To automatically detect which drivers your device may require, use the guide below:
- Download Intel’s Support Assistant.
- Double-click on the downloaded package to install the Support Assistant. On the first screen, agree to the terms and conditions and click Install.
- On the next screen, choose whether to Accept or Decline an Invitation to Intel’s Computing Environment Program. This will not affect the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click on Launch.
- The Support Assistant will now take you to a web browser where you can see your computer’s details, as well as any recommended drivers to be installed. Click Download/Install beside the recommended driver.
If, for some reason, you are unable to update to the new driver version, refer to this guide by Intel for troubleshooting tips.
- Download Intel GPU Driver Update 22.214.171.12468 With fixes for Graphical Anomalies
- Download Intel GPU Driver Update For January 2021 with Better Benchmark Results
- Download Intel WiFi and Bluetooth Drivers Update 22.30.0 for February 2021
- Download Intel Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Drivers Update 22.20.0 for January 2021
- Download Intel GPU driver update For November 2020 with improved gaming and streaming experience