If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox, you would love their auto-complete features. The browsers can automatically complete the text which you have typed initially. This can save a lot of time if you are typing the same thing again and again. In this article we will show you how to enable text auto-complete feature in Windows 10 File Explorer. This will enable the auto-complete in Windows Explorer and Run dialog.
This feature adds suggestion to what you entered in Run box and try to predict what you are going to write. In a way, this feature saves the time and allow you to perform your work quickly and rapidly.
Enabling Auto Complete feature
This isn’t enable by default in Windows 10. I am providing you two ways to enable this feature into your system to save your time while working on Laptop.
Using Windows Registry
- Open Registry Editor and go to following entry
- Now you need to add new String entry in AutoComplete Registry. Track the following step.
- And name the value “Append Completion” and set its value to “yes”.
So, now you are done. Log out from your Account and Sign in again. The Auto Complete feature will enable in your System.
Using Internet Options
There is another way to enable the Auto Complete feature. You can do this by going to Internet Explorer Settings. Why the Microsoft had put this, in Internet Explorer this isn’t exactly clear but we can enable the Auto Complete from there.
- Open Internet Explorer, go to its Settings and then Internet Options.
- Now go to “Advance” tab and scroll down to find the Auto Complete feature. And enable the “use inline auto complete in file explorer and run dialog”.
You are done with enabling this feature.
Now the next thing, you have to test it in both windows File Explorer and Run dialog.
In Run Dialog
Type anything in Search bar, this feature will displays all possible recommendations and suggestions for you.
In File Explorer
Type anything in address bar, this feature will show you all the possible suggestions.
These are two ways to enable Auto Complete feature. Enable it and make your time more productive as time is very precious.
- 3 Ways To Delete Search History In File Explorer in Windows 10
- 2 Ways to Disable All the Settings of Windows 10 Taskbar
- How to Disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10
- 4 Ways to Disable Automatic window Resize Feature in Windows 10
- Configure Windows 10 File Explorer to Open This PC Instead Of Quick Access